Activities for this week (and more) at the Camas UMC!
Link for more information about:
Messy Church is Tuesday night! Feb 24th 5:30-7:30
This Thursday: Women’s Special Advocacy Dinner—Thurs, Feb 26th at 5:30pm. All women in our church are invited to the parlor for a soup dinner and special presentation from East County Family Resource Center [ECFRC] Director Renee Law. ECFRC offers crisis counseling and emergency support for families in the East County area. Sponsored by Lydia Circle, contact Linn or Marilyn.
Our next Messy Church is Tuesday, February 24th, 5:30pm – 7:30pm. Our Lent theme is Honesty:Bringing your real self to God.” We will talk about authentic prayer, and our story will be of the puffed-up Pharisee who thought he had everything handled yet missed the mark. Activities include making prayer beads’ shawls, and crosses, a relay race, finger painting, storytelling, and more. Dinner is Submarine Sandwiches. Mmmm!
Help needed for Messy Church:
We need kitchen helpers especially at the moment. Do you feel called to make a difference for people of all ages? Want to participate in finding fresh ways to bring the stories of faith to our community? This is the goal of Messy Church. It is an active, playful celebration of faith. Please talk with Vicki D. if you can lend a hand with the meal, or DiAnne H. for other ways to contribute.
We also need shoe boxes for a Messy Church project, please bring to church by Feb 22nd. Contact Karen Z.
Women’s Bible Study—Wednesday Feb 22nd we begin a study on the book of James by Wesley Bible Series. Books are available and the study begins at 10:00am in the church parlor. Contact Dorothy D.
Wednesday Feb 25th—Soup and Salad for our potluck dinner!
Women’s Special Advocacy Dinner—Thurs, Feb 26th at 5:30pm. All women in our church are invited to the parlor for a soup dinner and special presentation from East County Family Resource Center [ECFRC] Director Renee Law. ECFRC offers crisis counseling and emergency support for families in the East County area. Sponsored by Lydia Circle, contact Linn or Marilyn.
Lent has begun! (What is Lent?) The next few Sundays we walk the stories of Jesus of Nazareth on the journey toward Easter. Special services during and around Holy Week (March 29th-April 4):
- Messy Church with Palm Celebration Tuesday, March 24th 5:30-7:30pm.
- Palm Sunday, Sunday morning service, March 29th 10:00am. Palm Sunday we raise palms in celebration of Jesus arrival into the city of Jerusalem.
- “Maundy Wednesday” celebration of the Last Supper in Jerusalem between Jesus and his followers. This will be Wednesday instead of the traditional Thursday to correspond with our weekly Wednesday potluck dinner.
- Good Friday service, on Friday evening, in the sanctuary at 7:00pm. This music and prayer service with Holy Communion commemorates the day Jesus died on the cross.
- Easter service, a celebration of the first resurrection appearances, will be Sunday at 10:00am. Service will be followed by an Easter Egg hunt for elementary age children, and a coffee and treats.
District Training Day Saturday, February 21st—This was a terrific training, so much great information was shared and discussed and there was a lot of celebration, too! Thank you to all who participated.
For more information contact:
Message telephone 360 834 2976
Camas United Methodist Church
706 NE 14th Ave
Camas, WA 98607
Office 360 834 2976
(photo: Pancake by Brandon Martin-Anderson 2005 Flickr CC BY-SA 2.0)